Handling a Million Concurrent Users with Ease
Blizzard, is one of the leading game developers globally who own popular games like Diablo, World of War Craft, StarCraft's etc.
They sell all gaming gear and curios associated with their games through 'Gear' an enterprise ecommerce store - https://gear.blizzard.com - a site with a large fan base.
Blizzard wanted to upgrade the e-commerce store to handle high traffic and large volume of transactions every day as well as make it scalable as it grows.
Rage was the lead technology partner to rebuild the Gear store, working on 3 key areas:
1. Platform migration
- Working with the just-in-market version of Magento 2.8 Enterprise Cloud Platform required proactive direct contact with Magento to identify issues and to find fixes
- Extensive customization and enhancements to meet the demanding business requirements
- Developed custom scripts for managing the massive data migration exercise
- Developed a complex and meticulous plan to handle the synchronization of multiple legacy inventories across various systems
2. Solution Architecture
- Architecting a site that is extremely robust with the ability to handle large volumes of transactions and sudden spikes
- Extensive third-party Integration and complex Data Migration
3. Project Management
- Multiple key stakeholders across different continents and time zones were managed to meet the aggressive timeline of 8 months
Functioning of the site involved extensive real time integrations with Blizzard's backend and third-party systems Rage deployed a dedicated core team of architects, engineers and DevOps personnel that worked round the clock to build and launch the new site on time and on budget
Blizzard is one of the most advanced ecommerce sites ever with:
- A huge uplift in the performance of the site
- Highly scalable architecture with the ability to handle huge spikes in traffic and transactions
- Seamless real-time communication with Blizzard owned backend and third-party systems
- Blizzard Gear Store has a 1.8 million customer base. Successfully served over 100,000 user sessions on Black Friday 2018 with 1.5mn pageviews. Delivered nearly 15,000 orders on a single day with a revenue of over US$ 100,000